Tuesday 3 May 2011

It has been too long!

Right, sorry about the lack of updates on here.
This is due to a few reasons; being really busy, being away a lot in hotels with no internet and most of all.. I'm quite lazy!

I had written up a big report from the nations cup I rode last month, but rather than bore people with old news I thought I'd start ah fresh and bore people with up to date news!

I'll very briefly mention that I raced in the Tour DoonHame last weekend in Scotland. My first premier calendar so was pretty nervous before hand. Stage 1 went well, getting 22nd on supposedly the hardest day, which conveniently had the worst weather as well - hale stones, too much rain, too much wind and very cold. Stage 2 and 3 were an absolute disaster and I lost a lot time. A bit annoying really as both stages finished in big bunches for 80+ riders! All I needed to do was finish in the bunch and I would've been 1st U23! Ah well, shit happens!

I've been training hard over the last week and today I raced in an evening 10 run by my first ever club - Lewes Wanderers. Rode the course this afternoon on my road bike and it was very very windy! Lucky the wind died down a bit by the time I got to actually racing at about 7:30pm but the temperature dropped to a mere 6 degrees! I struggled round in 21.03 my fastest time on the course but it was the first time I'd ridden it 2 years, so that had to be expected! New TT bike felt pretty fast, but lots of alterations need to be made after some worrying creaks and rattles were heard during the ride. My new Continental Podium tubulars felt fast and extremely grippy around the turn at the half way point! So nice to know I can have faith in my tubs now after my disaster at last years national championships!

That's pretty much been me up until this moment where I sit in my thankfully warm house with a nice (decaf) brew before heading to bed!

Will update when there's something new to say!

Thanks
Felix

No comments:

Post a Comment