Thursday 7 July 2011

Update!

Well this is my first update for a long time! I've been at home for the last few weeks, so I've had no excuses! Just laziness.

Over the last months I've been pretty busy. I was away with the SiS lads in Estonia competing in the Saaremaa Velotuur. It consisted of a team trial and 5 road stages. Each road stage contained sections of gravel road which made for interesting racing! We performed well thoughout the week. We rode a good TTT, I won 4 bunch sprints, I was 2nd on the last stage and Alistair managed to get 4th on GC after being consistently strong at the front of the race.
After flying back from Estonia I didn't get a chance to go home, and I headed straight to over to Ireland for the National TT and Road Champs. The 40km TT course was tough, with hard rolling Irish roads and bad wet and windy conditions. I was very pleased with my finishing time of 52.00 just 1 min 30 seconds from well known time trialist Michael Hutchinson. However, it was only good enough for an U23 silver medal. I struggled through the tough 180km road race after not fully recovering from the TT. I finished up 6th U23, really just happy to have got round the full distance.
Over the last couple of weeks I've been at home. I spent a week relaxing trying to get over a hard couple of months. I've spent the last 5 days doing a lot of TT specific training. This is because I was picked to ride in the U23 Europeans TT Championships in Italy in 2 weeks time along with; Sean and Conor. I'll also be riding in the U23 European Road Championship with; Sean, Conor, Sam and Philip. I think we have a strong team but I think I'll be playing more of a supportive role this year!
This brings me up to date and I'll make sure I keep this up to date more regularly in the future, so please check back!

Thanks
Felix

No comments:

Post a Comment