Sunday 19 June 2011

Estonian racing and welsh travelodges

Now back from the Saaremaa Velotour but still not home. I stepped off the plane and headed straight across the country to start my journey to the Irish National Championships.
We capped off our Tour with a 2nd place in the last stage and 4th on GC. I narrowly missed the win in the very wet last stage. A chaotic last 10km saw crashes, lots of shouting and a little bit of sprinting!
Threw myself into the last bend with 300m to go at about 5km/h quicker than I should've and somehow managed to not to crash! There were 4 riders who had a good 20-30meter gap. I caught 3 of them but the line was about 10m to close and I was beaten to the line.
So over the week as a team we picked up over 8 top 10 stage placings and also 4th on GC! Not a bad result for a team that's never ridden together before. We are looking at riding the UCI 2.2 Baltic Ring Tour in August.

Now chilling out in Wales before heading for another 2 hours in the car before getting the ferry across to Ireland for the National Championships.

Hopefully all goes well and I'll update this when there's anymore news!
Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment