Monday 20 June 2011

What I brought with me to the 2011 Irish National Championships

I flew back from the Tallinn on Saturday morning and then headed straight from Stanstead Airport to Wales so I could get the boat over to Ireland Sunday morning. Whilst over in Ireland I will be competing in both the National TT Championship and National Road Championship, and also riding the Stephen Roche GP.
To be fully prepared for the week ahead I needed a lot of equipment, supplements and energy products.

My bikes
This week I will need to of my team bikes supplied by Science In Sport. I need both my Scott Addict road bike and my Trek Speed Concept TT bike for the week. I have a large selection of wheels with me including; Bontrager X lite clinchers, Zipp 303 Highroad carbon tubulars, Unbranded 50mm carbons with Pave tubulars and my HED Stinger Disc and Stinger9 TT wheels.


Supplements, food and energy products
I have brought a full range of supplements and energy products with me all once again supplied by my team Science In Sport. I will be using GO Electrolyte, PSP22 and Go gels for fuel whilst racing and training and Rego Recovery and Colostrum for recovery after sessions. In order to get a full and proper nights sleep I use Nocte night time recovery drink. Other supplements I use to stay healthy and and stay in top condition are; Omega fish oil shots, Beta Alanine, Glutamine and CLA Isomers.
My food for the week is pretty basic, sticking with pasta, eggs, oat cakes and salad.



Other essentials
I also travel with a foam roller and a stretching mat to help prevent injury and aid recovery. I will generally stretch and use the foam roller once or twice everyday. My laptop is another essential for the week in order to keep up to date with everything going on and to help relieve some boredom in between races!







No comments:

Post a Comment