Sunday 21 August 2011

Back on the bike

It's the last night of a full week of minimal riding and a lot of rest! It was something I really needed after a tough season. The fatigue of my first year as an U23 crept up on me and caught me by surprise a little... I've been so busy with racing I forgot about taking a proper rest. Combine this with my 2010 road season running straight into my track season without any break I was run into the ground after my 3 week racing block in France.
I finished racing with my French team EC Mayenne on the 10th August. A lack of sleep, and the aggressive racing had me in constant state of fatigue, and the rest week was inevitable! However... I had the small obstacle of the Olympic Test RR to overcome before I was able to relax. Lining up against the likes of; Tom Boonen, Mark Cavendish, Haussler, Goss and O'Grady! It was never going to be easy, but my form didn't help matter. Although I hoped to get round ok and possibly pick up a good result I knew I could really only hope for possibly staying in with the front group until the first KOM and then trying to get to the finish! In the end I lasted 2hours 30minutes with the main bunch, and then luckily my team mate Martyn waited for me over the last climb (after he punctured twice... not so lucky!) and he helped me get to the finish in the center of London. I definitely would not have made it without him! So thanks again Martyn!
I've ridden 3 times in the last week, and only a maximum of an hour at a time. Forced myself down onto my TT bike today and I definitely need to spend this week readjusting to the position before racing this weekend.

The break has done a world of good and I can't wait to get back to some proper riding again! So now time for a month of hard training, hard racing, 100% commitment and hopefully some good results to finish the year!

Let see what I can do!
Ciao


No comments:

Post a Comment