Wednesday 30 November 2011

Lots going on but nothing to write!

Again, I've neglected this over the past few weeks. I haven't much to say really - nothing that would sound interesting over a blog anyway. A lot of the things I've been up to are pretty exciting from my perspective though. With signing for Rapha Condor Sharp last month, I've had plenty to do and think about.
My first outing with the new team was a trip up to both the bike shop Condor Cycles and the Rapha clothing offices. I hadn't been to either of them before so it was a good getting to have a look around and chat to the guys and girls who will be helping us through out the 2012 season.
I travelled up by train and then a short tube journey across London to my first stop - Condor Cycles. It was a lot bigger than I was expecting and was definitely the cleanest bike shop/bike showroom I'd ever been in. I had a chance to wonder about looking at the different products before being fitted for our new custom Condor Leggero bikes. We were also fitted for our Giro helmets and shoes.
The Rapha offices were a short taxi journey down the road. We were given a tour around the very fashionable Rapha offices before being issued with some Rapha tops, caps and my first Rapha Condor Sharp team jersey! The quality of the kit is definitely better than anything I've seen/had before.

A few weeks later we were up in Sheffield visiting the Claremont Performance Hospital. It was a good weekend to meet a lot of my new team mates for next year, plus also getting some mandatory and very interesting tests done which gave an indication to where we were at fitness and health wise.

Since then I have been training away with long steady rides. I ventured over to Andy Spark's new training base in Alaro Majorca for a nice week in the sun (it rained most of the time). I got some good training done out there and it was good fun hanging out with a different group of people. Watching them train on the track definitely brought back memories after last year on the track. It was a hard decision to not ride the track this winter but its something I definitely want to come back to in the near future. I feel for this winter it will be a good opportunity for me to work on my road base and get a strong season with my new team. I think I will respond well to a winter purely concentrating on the road and in the long run will stand to my strength on the track and road.

In other news, my sister got onto the BC Talent Team - which has been significantly slimmed down over the past few years. So now we have myself riding for the Irish National Team and my sister riding for GB within the same household! I'm a bit worried that I think she's better than me... she's already won more national titles than I have.

I'll leave it at that!

Ciao
Felix

No comments:

Post a Comment