Monday 14 November 2011

New start

Over the past few weeks I've started to get myself back into my training routine. My training will remain steady and relaxed over the coming 4 weeks, and will take a more specific and regulated route in the new year. At the moment I have been steadily clocking up the kilometres on short steady 2-3 hour rides. I have now reached the 1200km mark but I hope to be up around 3000km by Christmas.
I spent the weekend in Sheffield getting to know some of my new team mates at Rapha Condor Sharp. I drove up to North London on Friday evening to stay with my new team mate Oliver Rossi - Team Sinner. I know Oliver quite well, after spending 2 years racing and training with him as part of the British Cycling Talent Team.
We left early Saturday morning to arrive at our very nice hotel in Sheffield for 2 o'clock. We were about 90 minutes early, after allowing plenty of time for bad traffic, but we got to meet the Oxford United football team and have a nosey around the hotel before the others arrived. It was good to meet some more of my new team mates for next year - Mike Cuming, Jimmy Mach, Richard Handley, Tim Kennaugh and Luke Mellor. We spent the afternoon in some brief meetings, setting targets and going through our early season race calendar.
I was sharing a room with Mike and I think we both agreed the thing we were both most looking forward to was the meal at Nonnas. It didn't dissapoint! A large very nice steak was the highlight of the meal.
After sleeping off a very full stomach we were up and checked out of the hotel for 7.30am to head over to Claremont hospital for our day of testing. A nice healthy breakfast to kick start the day and we were away having meetings and tests. My day consisted of - EPG/blood tests, physio, medical, nutrition and finally performance testing. Everything went well and I learnt a lot over the course of the day.
I arrived home late last night, after making the decision to drive home straight from Oliver's. After numerous closed roads and diversions I managed to be in bed by 12.30. Today will consist of cleaning and boxing team bikes and packing to leave for Majorca tomorrow morning! A week in the sun and hills awaits.

Thanks again to Claremont hospital for a great weekend.

Felix

Our hotel

Oliver - Team Chef

No comments:

Post a Comment