Wednesday 16 November 2011

Settled in

My flight from Gatwick was simple and easy. A quick 2 hour flight and I through passport control and bags collected within the space of 20 minutes. Although it had clearly been raining in the morning, when I stepped out of the airport I was greeted with 22 degrees and sunshine. I took a taxi to the track to meet up with Andy and the other guys.  We have a small training group here in Majorca - Sarah, Recep, Sofia and Martyn - and I got to watch a few of the guys suffer in one of Andy's stereotypical pain fests! It felt weird not being a part of the session and it did make me wish I was riding the track this Winter... but I need to concentrate on the road over the next few months and there was no way I could've bounced straight into a track season after a tough first year as an U23.
We are staying in a different place this year - last year we were staying in Arenal on the South coast of the island - in a place called Alaro. A much smaller town, right on the edge of the big climbs. I'm living in a house with Martyn, Recep and Mutlu. It's a really nice house, which is fully kitted out for us. Downstairs we have a gym and a watt bike room, whilst upstairs we each get our own big rooms. I've taken a few photos but the quality on my camera is terrible!
Most of the guys are on either rest days or short road spins today, so this morning I'm heading out with Martyn for a couple of hours and then I'll head off and do my own thing for a little while.









No comments:

Post a Comment